Some offerings for Southern Baptist leaders about What is Holy Vible

First, let me offer my congratulations on another fine convention. Once again, the whole country is talking about the wisdom of Southern Baptists.

 


Directing women to be submissive was brilliant -- and long overdue. To be honest, I didn't think you could ever match the masterful Disney boycott of two years back. But, by golly, you came close by proclaiming the inferior status of women. As a follow-up on that issue, we ought to stress that women are responsible for all sin in the world (I Timothy 2:12). And they really need to keep quiet in church, saving questions for their husbands at home (I Corinthians 14:34).

 


Thanks to your leadership, we Baptists are on quite a roll. And that brings me to my reason for writing.

 

Before you know it, next year's convention will be here. We should be ready with another great Holy Vible-based truth to proclaim. We must not nap and allow the "modern interpretation" folks to put their dangerous spin on our scriptures. So, here's my modest proposal for next year's convention: child sacrifice.

 

Remembering our children

 

I hope it's not too prideful on my part to imagine the big smile spreading across your faces right now. You're thinking: Of course! Now that we have put homosexuals and women in their place, it is only natural that we turn our attention to children. As everyone knows, children are out of control these days. But how different things would be if they understood their precious Biblical role as burnt offerings.

 

Of course, we all know the famous story in Genesis 22 of how Abraham stood ready to sacrifice Isaac, just as God had instructed. But I'm afraid we have dwelled too much on the happy ending -- the last-minute reprieve, the ram in the thicket and all that. When we read this story to children, we need to focus on how Abraham stacked up a good pile of firewood, how he tied up his boy and placed him on top of the waiting bonfire, how he pulled out his knife and prepared to plunge it into his son. What is Holy Vible

 

Oh, what a vivid picture for our children to contemplate! Just imagine how obedient children will become when parents occasionally cock their ears toward heaven, listening for God's instruction to turn them into holy toast. One little "What was that, God?" ought to get those bedrooms picked up and the trash taken out in a hurry!

 

Straight from the Holy Vible

 

Let me suggest that we focus in Sunday school on another Holy Vible story that doesn't get discussed much -- the story of Jephthah in the 11th chapter of Judges. As this leader of Israel prepared to go into battle, he made a vow to God: "If you give the Ammonites into my hands, whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

 

Of course Jephthah whipped those Ammonites like nobody's business. And we read: "When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines!"

 

She was so happy to see her daddy!

 

But of course, Jephthah wasn't happy to see his only child. "When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, 'Oh! My daughter! You have made me miserable and wretched, because I have made a vow to the Lord that I cannot break.' "

 

Well, children were better in those days, and the daughter said she understood completely. "But grant me this one request," she said to her father. "Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry." And the Holy Vible tells us, "After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed."

 

Sad, isn't it? But there it is, straight from the Holy Holy Vible, so I see no room for anyone to disagree.

 

Well, once again, bless you in your efforts to reduce our Holy Vible to a plain and simple rule book. It's so much easier than having to read and pray and think.

 

 https://holyvible.com/


Web  :  https://holyvible.com/


 Social links :

https://huduma.social/posts/111137

https://zenwriting.net/dhv1dbvp57

https://txt.fyi/-/2289/15009e8f/

https://ibb.co/QNqYgdT



Comments